Professional and Amateur Sports Athletes and Fitness Enthusiasts:
Achieve Excellence in Your Sport Or Activity
- Heal Injuries Quickly
- Prevent Injuries
- Enhance Performance
Sports massage therapy that helps keep you active….
If you are struggling due to an injury or from working out, the pain and inability to be active can be very frustrating. If you are a professional athlete it can be downright disheartening.
If you rely on your body to perform and want to be in the best condition possible, you might consider specialized sports massage therapy. Professional or amateur, massage helps.
As a Professional Athlete:
You love your sport. It’s who you are and what you do! You’re a hockey player, football player, a golfer, a cyclist, a curler, a runner, a soccer player, etc. Your career depends on optimal performance and you are committed to performing your best.
But then… the unthinkable happens, you get injured and are now side-lined. Without your sport, you are feeling the loss and anxious to get back to the game.
You are disappointed that you can’t play as well as you normally can, and you may feel that you are letting your team down. You could easily begin to question your role on the team, and if on the bench long enough, you wonder if this injury could be career-ending.
As an Amateur Athlete or Fitness Enthusiast:
As a fitness enthusiast or someone who simply loves to play sports, you pride yourself on how active you are and how hard you work. You’re committed to a regular routine of exercise and you may push your body to the limit. You work hard and you play hard!
Then there is that one time that you do that extra set of exercises, or you have been in a grueling tournament all weekend. You wake up to sore painful muscles, or a worst case scenario – an injury.
You tell yourself there is nothing wrong and the pain will go away –You have no patience in being a patient and you are frustrated and wondering how this could have happened. You just want to get better so you can get out there again.
Professional Athlete or Amateur, here’s some problems that can benefit from sports massage therapy:
- Sore, stiff aching muscles that stop you from moving freely.
- Muscle spasms or tight muscles that limit your flexibility in the game.
- Muscle imbalances from weakness, poor flexibility and inadequate endurance that put you at risk for injury.
- Anxiety and stress from the pressure to succeed, or from fear of injury.
- Chronic injuries that limit your ability to play to your full potential.
- Limited range of motion that prevents you from performing your best.
- Mental and physical stress causing tension that affects your concentration in the game.
Professional or amateur, you’re discouraged and want to heal as quickly as you can.
Fortunately, Sports Massage Can Help Injuries Heal More Quickly, AND Help Prevent Injury Before It Happens…
Through regular sports massage you can :
- Shorten your recovery time from strains and physical stresses of any sport or activity.
- Enhance the elimination of by-products of exercise (i.e. lactic acid) which can make you stiff and sore.
- Improved range of motion and muscle flexibility; resulting in improved power and performance.
- Increase athletic endurance and performance by warming specific muscle groups and increasing circulation to injured muscle groups.
- Reduce pain and muscle tension which induces a calming effect on your body.
- Provide an athletic edge by maintaining your peak condition
- Train more effectively and consistently.
- Encourage mental and physical relaxation which decreases performance anxiety and sharpens your mental focus.
- Reduce the chance of injury, by relieving stress points in your muscles before they result in restrictions or spasm.
- Get a psychological boost knowing you have done everything you to ready yourself, which is consistent with his or her commitment to high performance.
- Extend the overall life of your sporting career.
The good news: The pain cycle stops here! You can feel better!
You can rebound from pain and injury and get back into the game!
What Sets Me Apart from Other Sports Massage Therapists?
With 17 years of experience with fitness enthusiasts as well as amateur and professional athletes, you can expect and count on my expertise.
- I know the exact muscles which are used in any given sport . By zeroing in on particular muscle groups and working specific tissues I can help you maintain or improve your range of motion, muscle flexibility and keep you pain-free and game ready!
- A focus on a team-approach to treatment using a selection of effective massage therapy techniques . These include Sports Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage, Myofascial Release, Neuromuscular Therapy and Trigger Point Therapy. With each massage treatment, I will address your particular concerns by using a variety of techniques. No matter what your sport is, I can help you feel great and perform better!
- I’m an avid sports fan and amateur athlete. Through my passion for competitive curling, weight training and cycling, I understand the physical demands of a regular fitness routine and the importance of keeping your body in good shape. I know how to enhance recovery time between workouts, decrease muscle tension and avoid potential injuries.
Are you ready to take the next step and kick your muscle pain to the curb?
Call me at (780) 910-2243 for a free 10 minute consultation to discuss your muscular goals and needs.
Sports Massage is helpful for everyone even for the non- athlete, please call me and we can discuss how I can help you.